Puget Sound Online Learning Cooperative is a K-12 program that allows districts to provide students the opportunity to engage in anytime/anywhere academic learning through a platform called Imagine Learning (formerly Edgenuity).
- Students stay enrolled in their home district.
- PSESD provides expert program implementation support.
- K-5 learning options include 4 or 6 courses per semester.
- Grades 6-12 courses available per semester with or without tutoring support.
- Districts can choose to utilize their own teachers or Imagine Learning’s WA-certified teachers
Joining the PSOLC allows districts to take advantage of a regional network, offering robust program support and keeping students locally-enrolled.
- Students stay enrolled in, and connected to, their home district through state ALE approval
- Flexible model includes multiple staffing, course, and student support models
- Regional PD, with access to shared resources and regular networking sessions
- Program implementation support:
- Leadership Coaching
- TA support for special education and multilingual programs
- Educational Technology coaching and resources
- Centralized provide PD
- Priority support from, and regional pricing for, Imagine Learning services
- Data and reporting support
Districts maintain enrollment of students under the state ALE model, and are responsible for supporting their students’ participation in Imagine Learning courses by:
- Designating a key point of contact within the district for Online Learning support
- Completing OSPI ALE certification, with support from PSESD
- All OSPI required reporting and documentation
- Ensuring equitable and effective Internet access, including devices and connection, for interested students and families
- All educational support services (e.g., Special Education, ELL, etc.)